April 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Turtle!

Turtle is turning 4 on Sunday!
He had his birthday party last night and it reminded me why we decided not to do birthday parties every year for every kid. Because I can't just invite a couple kids over, feed them cake and ice cream and open presents. Oh no - I have to handmake the invitations and invite all the friends and make them each their very own cape and mask to decorate and train them to be super heros and feed them dinner. So for the last week I've been sewing and cutting like crazy. Blame it on my mother. I'm not entirely crazy though - I do have one sanity-saving tip: ditch the cake and ice cream and replace them with donuts and frozen Go-Gurts. Seriously. You'll thank me later.





Happy Birthday Little Man! We love you!

2 comments:

Hilary Joy said...

Way too much work for me! I admire your ambition.

Amanda said...

so awesome! What a fun party--love the idea of having doughnuts instead of cake!