June 6, 2011

"I didn't want to lose it"

Dear Charlotte,

Oh children. Dear dear children. One child, who shall be called Turtle, will surely be the death of me. Or himself. It's not the first time I've said it and it certainly won't be the last.

Saturday we were visiting with family at Grandma's house. Grandma occasionally has these unseen visitors called Sand Pixies who leave coins in the sandbox, so the grandkids like to dig through the sand in search of buried treasure. Dear dear Turtle found a quarter. A quarter that had obviously been left by the Sand Pixies loooooooooooooong ago. He was very proud of that quarter. Dad told him to put it in his pocket so he wouldn't lose it. Less than an hour later, they were on their way to the urgent care clinic for an x-ray to make sure said quarter would fit through his intestinal sphincter without getting stuck.

When the doctor asked dear dear Turtle why he put the quarter in his mouth, he said, "I thought if I put it in my pocket I would lose it and I didn't want to lose it, so I put it in my mouth."

That makes sense.

No comments: