May 13, 2011

Spewing Forth

Dear Charlotte,

Do you stay up later than you should when your significant other is gone for the night? I do. And I do stupid things like scarffing down half a bag of Doritos and watching Whose Line Is It Anyway clips on Youtube. Actually, I've been known to do those things when the husband man is here, too, but it's much more enjoyable then. Because laughing with someone you love is always better than laughing alone, don't you think?

So then after I grow bored of such festivities, do I go to bed? Of course not. I must spew nonsense onto my keyboard and post it to my blog so that both of the people who read said blog can get all excited that there is an update (because I know you got all excited) and then get all disappointed when they actually read it because, well, it's not actually about anything.

What's that you say? Oh, where's the husband man anyway and why did he have to leave so as to inflict you with such ramblings? Father/Son campout. He has been strictly charged with keeping the beginning-to-act-like-a-two-year-old Chicken Little and the no-sense-of-boundaries Turtle alive and in one piece. Well, two pieces really. Because there are two of them. And warm at night. And hopefully well fed. And with not too many bug bites. And preferably not burned by either campfire or sun. But I don't want to come off all naggy, so I didn't mention that last one. Not the campfire part anyway. No one likes a girl who nags, ya know?

All in all I must say that I have enjoyed the tantrum freeness of the last several hours. But alas, nothing gold can stay.

No comments: